Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Carrie Stoelting meets Bob Dole


Many of you might remember Carrie Stoelting, a guest we had on Mornings who sings with her sister Stacie. Well Carrie had the privilege of meeting Senator Bob Dole, here is what she had to say about it:

"Last week, I received a phone call from Senator Bob Dole's office. He was coming to Des Moines and wanted to meet with me! I was invited to be his guest at a special breakfast in Des Moines. You see, a few weeks ago I wrote a letter to Senator Dole requesting a meeting. (I have wanted to meet him since I was nine.) When he campaigned for president, I wrote a letter of admiration to him and I requested to have his autograph. To my surprise, when his wife came to Cherokee in 1995, she made a special presentation of a signed picture to me! I will never forget it! The experience was life-changing for me. Ever since, I have very much wanted to meet Bob Dole, too. Now, 13 years later, I met him at last. How I thank God for the opportunity! Stacie and I attended the breakfast and enjoyed visiting with Senator Grassley as well. He is a blessing and we appreciate him so much."

Here are some pictures of Senetor Dole and the Stoelting sisters....





No comments: