Tuesday, February 3, 2009

To Old Friends



Those of you with us Monday or this coming Friday had or will have the pleasure of hearing guest co-host Ray Metoyer. Ray is smart and a lot of fun. For those of you listening and not viewing, you may wonder what Ray looks like. Here is the photo where we talked about the "relic" of a video camera.






More recently, Ray worked for the Black Family Channel, based here in Atlanta. We didn't know until we were talking yesterday that both he and I were in Boston covering the 2004 Democratic National Convention. Although there were thousands of people, I am still surprised we didn't run into each other. He's tall!


Ray and I worked together about 14 years ago in Dallas, and it's always nice to work again with someone you respect, just as Larry and I have been able to do. I think that's what Heaven will be like--reuniting with people we haven't seen for years or decades and remembering all over again why you liked them in the first place.

I sure look forward to seeing Mornings listeners and viewers some day... If not in this world, then the next one for sure!

No comments: