Friday, December 14, 2007

Celebrations

This post originally appeared on February 28, 2007

Wow—did we have fun on the show yesterday! It was our one-year anniversary and my birthday. I knew Martin Coleman and Scott Miller were coming in to make a big announcement. But I had no idea that Ray Raley, our VP over Engineering and Technology, and Alex Skoglund, our Human Resources Director, were also coming in at 6 a.m.! It was the most people we’d ever had in the studio on the air at one time. The energy was palpable.

After Martin made the announcement that the show will go from 30 minutes to one hour on Monday, March 5, listeners started calling. I think they agreed with Scott, Paul and me that this was a miracle and an answer to prayer. We were so touched when John from South Carolina called to say he had been praying about the program just the night before. He got a little emotional and said something to the effect of, “I just love you guys.”

I got emotional myself when Emile called. We were talking about memories of the past year, and one of my happiest moments concerned this Canadian listener. He had called on a Thursday to ask us to pray for his pregnant wife. There were concerns about the baby. Later that morning, Emile sent me an e-mail saying the tests came back fine, and baby Josh would be all right. What an answer to prayer! I printed out the e-mail and taped it to our office door and showed it to people for weeks, saying, “See God answers prayers! Emile’s baby is going to be healthy.”

When Alex came in, she brought goodies to eat! So it became a real party in the studio. It was funny: all of our studio guests were eating, leaving Scott and me to talk! But that is something we have learned how to do in the past year. In fact, sometimes it’s hard to shut us up!

Another big surprise happened: Karen and Santiago Lopez SENT FLOWERS to congratulate us. Thank you! They are beautiful. The flowers and the Lopezes!

If I had to sum up the whole morning of happiness and celebrations, I would choose John’s words: I just love you guys. Thank you all for being our family and our community. You make a difference with your prayers, your lives and your words.

Here’s to another year of creating special memories and answered prayers!

No comments: